Wednesday, January 19, 2011

HOMEWORK

Use the pH paper to develop a table and graph of the pH of common things around your house. Think in terms of at least 10 different liquids.

               Liquid             pH level
Lemon Juice
2
Mouth Wash
3
Apple Juice
4
Pickle Juice
4
Saliva
6
Skim milk
6
Miller Lite
6
Bottled water
6
Fresh orange juice
6
Urine
7












Go to fullsize imageDevelop an experiment to see how much antacid is needed to neutralize an acidic liquid.

For my experiment I took 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. The starting pH level was a 2. I then cut up 1 tum in fourths and crushed 1/4th tum and stirred it in the lemon juice. When the tum power hit the lemon juice it immediately started foaming and bubbling up. When it settled,  I then tested the pH level again, this time the pH level read a 6 or balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment