Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ACTIVITY 2 - DHMO

Would you give DHMO to your mother? NO

Do you think the Government should research (spend money) to better understand the health affects of DHMO?

Yes! If DHMO is in some of our rivers, lakes and streams it could eventually affect our food source. Understanding a potentially deadly substance that is linked to cancer and acid rain is serious and should be looked into for the overall protection of our society.

Scientific Method Relation:

To formulate my response of NO, I would not give DHMO to my mother, I first observed or researched what DHMO was and the potential effects of the chemical. I than questioned what might happen if one was given DHMO. I hypothesised what I thought the response was. I then did more research to see if my hypothesis was correct and if in fact DHMO was indeed harmful. After reviewing the information, I drew my conclusion to No, I wouldn't want to expose my mother to any relatively dangerous substance.

NOTE: DHMO is water! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment